Margreet van Duijsen

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: harp mechanic in poor condition, how come? #73341

    Hi Katerina,

    Thank you for your response. Off course I did have had some services on my harp in the last 10 years. But the last one was about 5 years ago. That is too long, but then, I didn’t play on it for very much for about 1,5-2 years. At the last servicing, (including new felts) the repairmen said they did not have to do much on it… And now I got this terrible verdict! At present my harp doesn;t have much buzzes or anything, except for the pedals. They really make a lot of noise and it is not the spring coils, for I greased those.
    As a matter of fact I

    in reply to: harp mechanic in poor condition, how come? #73334

    Hello Carl,

    Thank you for your reply. I live in the Netherlands and my harp was examined by the owner of the major harp store in this country. She is also responsible for the taxation for insurances etc. I didn’t ask her what was wrong exactly, because I was so flabbergasted, but my harp is going for a servicing on 20th of October and I am going to cross examine the service guys (from Camac). Also the store owner told me she didn’t tell me this to sell me anything and I was also free to do whatever I wanted, play on on this instrument, or buy a harp elsewhere… And I got the impression she did not want to trade in my harp for another although a clerk whom I had on the phone earlier in the week told me a fine second hand was good for the business.
    All

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)