liz-cooke

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What is the best ‘cheap’ harp for a beginner? #76275
    liz-cooke
    Participant

    Thanks to you all for your comments. I’ve taken the first step and booked a harp lesson for this week (can’t wait!) – probably wise to see if it’s as lovely as I think it will be before I spend the money. Then it will be a debate between saving up for the Harpsicle or going for the Heather… Pilgrim is fairly local to me, so I’ll pop up there and have a play – I suspect that may sway my decision! Maybe hire since only 3 months to commit there.
    Appreciate all your help.

    in reply to: What is the best ‘cheap’ harp for a beginner? #76271
    liz-cooke
    Participant

    Thanks Alison, I’ve been looking at lessons but local teachers don’t seem keen to return my calls. I’ve looked at the renting route but with the very limited time I’ll have to play I’d rather not have the deadline of a rental period/extra cost to rent for longer.

    in reply to: What is the best ‘cheap’ harp for a beginner? #76270
    liz-cooke
    Participant

    Thanks William, I also saw an almost identical looking instrument at the Early Music Shop so figures it would be adequate, but I guess I’ll spend a bit longer looking. Thanks for the tip on the strings – great looking website but unfortunately I’m in UK not US!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)