Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
kryptoleadonium
ParticipantIt might be pronounced Pattuck in the Auld Sod.
Forgot about Ft. Collins (and even Boulder). Then again, if I’m going to haul all the way to FC, might as well hit my coffee place in Cheyenne…
kryptoleadonium
ParticipantI hadn’t thought about ensembles. Long ago, I considered renting a HD, but the rental contract was so long and full of “You breathe on it, you buy it” type stuff that I walked out of the store empty-handed. I then forgot about the HD until I saw the aforementioned friend’s instrument.
Who in Denverland rents/sells them? Just Denver Folklore? I’ve wondered about the whole Denver pro scene, as in where Colorado Symphony players get their instros serviced. None of the music shops I know (Kolacny, CIOMIT, and Flesher-Hinton) would handle pro instruments, I’m guessing.
kryptoleadonium
ParticipantThanks for the reply, Yes, I play harp–perhaps “I know where a few things are on it” would be closer to the truth. I’d like a full cimbalom, but will content myself with a dulcimer. Some day soon, I plan to rent the MW instrument and see how I like it.
kryptoleadonium
ParticipantGreat, thanks.
kryptoleadonium
ParticipantHello, all. I finally remembered to check for replies.
I acquired the Triplett perhaps 6 months ago and had been taking lessons on concert harp before You Know What happened. Since I don’t think Skype or Zoom or Fthshpeloomp! lessons would work too well, I’ve just soldiered on, searching for YT videos that might help. I haven’t found too many, oddly.
The Triplett’s bass strings may not be copper-wrapped; they have a wrapping, all right, but most are white. In any case, they’re rather resonant and damping, and avoiding the twang of them hitting my nails aren’t going so great. I’ll be consulting the harp expert at the music store where I bought the instrument, but if y’all have YT links to recommend, I’d be grateful.
kryptoleadonium
ParticipantT’anks. Will give it a try tomorrow. It’s funny that you mention French technique; my grad-student pedal harp teacher advised me to make gestures (I’m working on the “Premier Prelude”) and when she showed me, it looked very Fransh.
kryptoleadonium
ParticipantWorth a shot, thanks.
kryptoleadonium
ParticipantThere’s that, which is expected. I’m talking about twangs and buzzes on fingernails, like I made when I first picked up the instrument.
kryptoleadonium
ParticipantSo here I am with my new used Signature. One thing that’s problematic is that the (wrapped?) bottom strings are quite resonant, so I’m buzzing all over the place. That wasn’t a problem on my Ogden, that I can recall. Looking for tips on how to handle it.
-
AuthorPosts