Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
james-predovich
ParticipantWhat a lot of people fail to realize is that most insurance companies will NOT pay for the vision therapy but are more than willingly pay for the strabismus surgery itself. I think I take the prize when it comes to most eye related surgeries (11 of them!) and two of those were strabismus surgeries on both eyes. The first surgery was done when I was 12 and I later had a “touch up” surgery when I was 21. I started harp when I was 17 so I did not notice a marked difference playing the harp before vs. after. The biggest thing for me was the confidence factor knowing that both of my eyes were straight and in line with each other as i was extremely self conscious about it. The recovery time took about two weeks I believe and your eyes will be bloody looking (the sclera will be red and slightly sensitive). It’s my understanding that this is a fairly common procedure and one you should not fret about! I don’t know how old you are but if you’re no longer a spring chicken your brain will be used to “seeing” things a certain way so you will have to retrain your brain so to speak after the surgery to get accustomed to ‘correct’ vision. I do suggest getting a second, third and fourth opinion and if majority rules then you should probably go ahead and do it. Please let me know if you have any other questions!!
James
-
AuthorPosts