harplayer55

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Help with Camac Stivell Lever Harp String Breakage #222225
    harplayer55
    Participant

    Several of your points may figure into my current situation with this harp. I have checked the Camac serial number, and it appears that this harp was built in 2008, so it is 10 years old. The individual who gifted this harp to me realized early on that it was too much harp for her. It appeared to me that the harp had not been tuned regularly and I suspect some octaves have not been tuned at all (she did not tuned what Jey the harp was tuned in, and admitted she only tuned the strings withing a range that allowed her to play one song (and, of course the harp was tuned to itself, not a common concert tuning). As more and more strings succumb, I am beginning to think some string may be original to the harp. I have has 3 strings break this week alone. Time for a fresh set if strings and regulation if the levers! I had been told by another harpist that Camac harps/strings can beprone to breakage…so I was not sure if what to expect. So…I think you are right about many of the points you have mentioned. Thank you so much for your response!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)