elizabeth-palladino

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Broken strings #69443
    elizabeth-palladino
    Participant

    Thanks, Deb. In the beginning, everything tended to go sharpish–now everything tends to go flattish. (The crazy weather is not helping–with the windows open so early–even though the harps and the piano are nowhere near them–their tone changes, I think.) I do have to tune daily so far. I think that will change as the harp settles in–my FH26 was the same in the beginning, but after a while it stayed in tune much, much longer. I will treat the FH36S bass strings with kid gloves–although I swear I was not being vigorous with them. I do understand from my reading that those phosphor-bronze cores just do not stretch.

    in reply to: Broken strings #69441
    elizabeth-palladino
    Participant

    It’s a new harp from Dusty–I ordered it in November of 2011, and got it Jan. 17, 2012.

    in reply to: Help! #146389
    elizabeth-palladino
    Participant

    My brother is a physician, and in the ER he uses Superglue on minor cuts. It will gradually dissolve and go away by itself. This is probably the same answer that another person gave, if Superglue and Crazyglue are the same thing.

    in reply to: Buying a Used Lap Harp…? #156316
    elizabeth-palladino
    Participant

    After tons of research three years ago, I rented-to-own a Dusty Strings FH26 from the Harp Connection in Salem, Mass. I loved that harp from day one, and knew that no way was it going back. But just in case it proved to be not the harp for me, I had an “out” and a reputable company to deal with. I recommend renting-to-own a quality instrument from a reputable company. Three years later, I still have my (owned)

    in reply to: Hypermobility and string tension, buying a harp #70190
    elizabeth-palladino
    Participant

    After three years of playing a Dusty Strings FH26 that I started by renting from the Harp Connection in Salem, Mass., (then bought it–I love that little harp), I took a long, deep

    in reply to: Tornados and Harps #104376
    elizabeth-palladino
    Participant

    I’ve tried to find it in a still picture, but have not been able to locate it. I hope the people are all right.

    in reply to: Snowy White Snow and Jingle Bells #104661
    elizabeth-palladino
    Participant

    This is my first post on the forum–I’ve been “lurking” for a few months, self-teaching my

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)