elizabeth-blakeslee–2

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Bingham Berceuse #88079

    The Bingham Berceuse was written for and premiered by me and in the phrase in question I only played the first two chords unbroken gradually opening the roll through the phrase, as the composer directed.

    I would also like to point out that the A section should be thought of as a chorale. In other words, don’t sacrifice the lushness of the chords to bring out the upper voice.

    When Dr. Bingham writes “tenuto” or “molto rallentando” he really means it…hold those notes as long as you can stand it.

    I’d be happy to answer any other questions about this piece, which means a great deal to me.

    in reply to: Bingham Berceuse #88077

    In those measures I play the first chord unbroken and then open up the roll gradually on the subsequent chords.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)