corian

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Andrew Thom Harps for a New Player #189886
    corian
    Participant

    I’m happy to hear that you chose his harps based solely on the sound because having it being made of metal, I had a fear of it sounding rather metallic or at least that was the impression I was under. I’m not able to test out his harps in person because he’s in Australia and I’m in the US so I have a lot of hesitation going into this blind. Transport may be an issue, but as long as it can fit into my car then I don’t care if anyone else can lol. From the back and forth I’ve had with him, I’m under the impression that his methods have changed throughout the years which have led him to create an even lighter harp and being 24 years old and stubborn I feel as though I’ll make it work. Great information though, I really appreciate it.

    And thanks for the insight on the strings. I know that his folk strung harps will only have the option of having Pirastro strings. I’m going for a concert strung so I may have other options? Good to know regarding availability.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)