cblack

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Looking for info on Lyon & Healy Style 22 #301500
    cblack
    Participant

    @william-yardley your post isn’t showing up here for some reason, but I would like to see the photos. Does anyone know how to access old L&H catalogs?

    in reply to: Looking for info on Lyon & Healy Style 22 #301408
    cblack
    Participant

    What year did they stop making the 22? And why? I just got a 22 from 1915 and it is amazing. Is there something special about that era of L&H that this instrument has held up so beautifully? (It was rebuilt in 2006, but it didn’t need a new neck and still doesn’t..!)

    in reply to: Camac Egerie’s “new Camac sound”? #299408
    cblack
    Participant

    I just played an Égérie and an Atlantide side by side and the Égérie is actually better. It’s richer, clear but not too bright. The Atlantide felt stiff in comparison. I now have a major dilemma because I love traditional frilly harps and the Égérie is fairly plain and modern, aesthetically, but the sound is truly lovely.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)