Cathy M. Dillon

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Insurance #73634
    Cathy M. Dillon
    Participant

    I am an ASTA life member- and for years have had a musical floater policy with Merz-Huber. They paid out bigtime when I had a major Car accident (in 1980). I think they are also the insurer for at least some members of the Boston Symphony. The cost ( july 2010) is approx 60 cents per $100.00 of insured value. If you are insuring $30,000.00 worth of harp and stuff that would be about $180- a year to Merz- Huber.

    in reply to: Harp case/trunk #73897
    Cathy M. Dillon
    Participant

    I am tring to figure out how to get the Salvi Symphonietta Harp and the Girl to College from CT to Iowa. She will probably drive it in the car…….but

    Here is what I have so far: The approximate costs July 2010 are: $150 purchase a cardboard box Harp Carton from Lyon & Healy, Have it shipped – empty – to us $285- Pack up our harp and ship it c/o Admiral Shipping Co ( alg?) $325-

    That comes to an estimated grand total of $760-!!

    One snag is that it would be difficult to find a place to save the box. I remember that when we bought the harp the box was as big as our refridgerator! (and would not fit in a dorm room, that’s for sure!). We kept it until it was taking up too much room even in the shed. That box was the biggest box I have ever seen! …Also there is the Dolly and the Bench….

    I Would like to hear more about alternate boxes and foam – do you go to ‘package plus’?

    I am also looking in the forum for Harp vehicles…….suitable for a girl with a taller harp, plus dollly & bench and 6 foot tall dad.

    Thanks everybody – cmd

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)