barbara-chapman

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: flashy hymn settings for harp #82825
    barbara-chapman
    Participant

    thanks everyone for all the great suggestions!

    in reply to: flashy hymn settings for harp #82824
    barbara-chapman
    Participant

    I agree with you Bonnie. So often flashy attention-getting pieces are in demand, when I would much rather offer beautiful and sensitive arrangements. My student is currently working on two by Frank Voltz “He’s got the whole world in his hands” and “Praise to the Lord”. Both seem to be good teaching pieces, with syncopated rhythms and lots of dynamics and variations. She’ll enjoy the learning, as will I!

    in reply to: flashy hymn settings for harp #82814
    barbara-chapman
    Participant

    Thanks Susan and Elinor, I’ve ordered some pieces by both Frank Voltz and Jill Justice. If they don’t work for my student I am happy to freshen my own repertoire.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)