avital-rom

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Singer-Songwriters who self-accompany on the harp #103747
    avital-rom
    Participant

    Just found this thread (and along with it this wonderful forum. I was googling for “harp singing accompaniment”)!
    Michael- Your songs are sweet. There’s something in them that reminds me of other times.

    I’ve enjoyed very much the links to singing-harpists here, some of them are fantastic!! I would add to those:
    [loreena mckennitt] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU_Tn-HxULM) is quite famous I think. She does many covers but I think she also writes for herself.

    and a discovery I’ve made on youtube is [Natalya Zarraga] (http://www.natalyazarraga.com/) who’s got a really interesting and sweet voice, along with some very unusual music.

    I’m also looking for ways to combine the harp and the singing. So far I’ve only uploaded to youtube a Sinead O’Cconor cover, and I’m not sure if it’s allowed to upload covers here, but soon am supposed to have one studio recording of a song of mine (in Hebrew) which I’ll play and sing… Anyway, I’m still looking for ways to self accompany my singing on the harp, so if by chance you get more interesting tips, please do share them 🙂
    (I don’t play as well as you as most of the rest of the people here, I’m afraid…)

    Best,
    Avital.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)