Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
autumnmoon
ParticipantHi harpfairy!
I‘m sorry for digging up this old post but I’m in a similar situation right now and I’m curious about your experience with the Excalibur and if it was the right choice for you.
I used to own a Camac Celtic Isolde, I went to the Camac store in Berlin and tried different harps and the Isolde was the one harp that had all I was looking for – fluorocarbon strings, a beautiful design, a large amount of strings and a beautiful sound. And it was right in my price range.
I was very happy with my purchase and I enjoyed playing it a lot!
That said, it was my first harp and I didn’t have a lot of experience. I knew from the start that I wanted to give Camac a try because I like the company philosophy but in the meantime I‘ve had the chance to play a few other harps like Salvi Mia and my teachers Aoyama.Over time I thought the Celtic Isolde felt a little “floppy”, still very nice to play but I sometimes wanted a little firmer touch especially when I played passages that required a bit more technique.
I love Celtic music but I’m not exclusively playing pup-style/dance music so I’m looking for a harp that is versatile.I’ve moved overseas now, had to sell my Isolde and I’m not living near any Camac stores. The nearest one would be Tokyo but with the whole situation right now I won’t be able to go there for a long time so I don’t have a chance to compare the Celtic Isolde and Excalibur in person.
I’d be grateful if you could share your experience with the Excalibur!
Stay safe!
Autumn Moon -
AuthorPosts