AS112

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Arm Pain #183311
    AS112
    Participant

    Thank for the replies 🙂

    I will definitely push the physio to include rehab work on my shoulder. I have had physio in the past which didn’t make a lot of difference. But the physio my surgeon works with is a specialist upper limb physio and the only physio he will work so hopefully she will know her job!

    I didn’t know there were specialist musician rehabilitation. Over the years I’ve struggled to find the appropriate consultant to see as they seem to either do hands/wrist, or shoulders and elbows. My current surgeon does elbow, wrists and hands so hopefully he will sort me out. His theory is because I have too much laxity in my thumb joint, this is putting more stress on my elbow and so the operation to fix my thumb should help resolve this.

    If it doesn’t work, I have the option of having the joint fused, which will at least take the pain away. It’s the thumb joint nearest my wrist so the movement I would lose would be touching your thumb to little finger. I’m hoping if it comes to that, I will still manage to play somehow although my technique may suffer a bit.

    I can really sympathise with not being play. I only play for fun so I’m not that great but it’s so frustrating not being able to play as it makes me rather sad! It is in the back of mind that if I can’t play, there’s no point keeping my pedal harp. Minus the fact they aren’t cheap it has a lovely tone and should be played by someone.

    I moved to a new area fairly recently so I’m going to find a new teacher for after the operation/physio to get me going again and make sure my technique isn’t causing any additional problems.

    Tacye – if you could suggest a left handed repertoire that would be really helpful. Hopefully give it ago and it won’t be too frsutrating 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)