CelticKnot

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Future harpest who's blind. #187286
    CelticKnot
    Participant

    Hey, Janis, excellent ideas! I never thought of using multiple rings! I think I’ll do that, plus some leaver caps on certain strings.

    Interesting idea–a case with wheels! Have you ever used a harp cart with your Ravenna 34? The harp+case doesn’t seem like it would be too heavy for me (I float between the late 90’s and early 100′ pound mark, and I’m about 5 ft 6), but we’ll see. Since the FH 34 comes with a case, I might be able to try carrying it on my back without purchasing the straps. I wonder if the FH 26 straps would work well enough with the FH 34 case to give me an idea of how well it would work to carry the harp on my back. I wouldn’t want to buy the straps only to find out that they’re not going to be a solution that works well for me. The reason I ask about the FH 26 straps is because my closest harp shop doesn’t carry the FH 34; they do carry the FH 26, though, so maybe I could try out the FH 34 with the FH 26 straps if they have them in store.

    I’ve heard of piano benches. I’m worried about my seating being too big–do piano benches come in smaller sizes?

    Thanks,
    CelticKnot

    in reply to: Future harpest who's blind. #187280
    CelticKnot
    Participant

    Hello, Sylvia,

    I’ve been blind since birth.

    Thanks for those resources. I’ve read about the Hadley course on their website, but I’m worried that I’m going to need to know music stuff in order to take that course–and at the moment–I don’t. Lol I need to learn a lot. Music basics, Braille music, not to mention all the harp-related stuff like hand position and whatnot. I’m planning to rent, but I have some stuff to do first, like get a job. 😀 This instrument is going to be expensive! 😀 I also want to have a house before I start renting, because I’ll have more space for the harp, and I can put it into a room where our cute-as-hell terrier doesn’t have access. Right now, my husband and I live in an apartment, and I don’t have the separate room for the harp. We’re hoping to have the house sometime next year, but that all depends on whether I get the job.

    I plan to take lessons in person, at least at first, because I think that would be easier for me in terms of learning the basics.

    I’ll definitely check out MENVI, as well.

    Where would be a good place to learn music basics? If it gives you any clue, I know that there’s such a thing as octives, and they go in half-steps. So a C-sharp is also a D-flat, etc. And I know there’s keys, but I have know idea what they are, really. And I know that there’s different types of cords, such as major and minor, but that’s about it. Lol.

    Thanks,
    CelticKnot

    in reply to: Future harpest who's blind. #187279
    CelticKnot
    Participant

    Thanks for this list! I’ll be sure to check them out! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)