We’ve gone global! The 2021 Summer Harp Institutes are tailored to all levels of harpists who live anywhere in the world! In addition to in-person youth programming for students ages 8-18, we offer engaging and creative online programming for harpists of all ages. Summer is the perfect time to be inspired by world-class faculty, develop as a musician and focus on your artistic development. Enjoy meeting new friends while growing to the next level of musical artistry.
June 21-25, 2021
July 5-9, 2021
July 12-16, 2021
July 19-23, 2021
July 26-30, 2021
In its 25 year history, the American Youth Harp Ensemble Summer Harp Institutes have provided training to hundreds of talented harpists from across the United States and around the globe. In response to the pandemic, we successfully launched online summer programming in 2020. This year, we offer a hybrid of online and in-person programming so harpists of all ages and experiences can participate from anywhere in the world. From the novice to the advanced student, harpists focus on individual goals and musicianship classes in a supportive and inspiring musical environment. In addition, they receive one-on-one lessons with our distinguished faculty. Special seminar topics and fun social activities keep students engaged while also piquing their musical interests. We know students are thrilled with our course offerings as 90% of our students have returned year after year!
The deadline for the early registration discount is March 15, 2021. After June 1, registration will be determined by space availability only. Full day and half day options are available. Please visit http://www.greenspringmusic.org for more information. Unfortunately, our 2021 European Institutes and Tours have been postponed to 2022.
Summer Institute hours for full-day students are from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm daily, Monday-Friday. Half-day hours are in the afternoon between 12:30 pm and 4:00 pm. Students may sign up for as many weeks as they like. Tuition discounts are available for multi-week students.
June 21-25, 2021 (Session 1)
July 5-9, 2021 (Session 2)
July 12-16, 2021 (Session 3)
July 19-23, 2021 (Session 4)
July 26-30, 2021 (Session 5)
- One private harp lesson per day affording you an opportunity to work with each one of our world-class teachers!
- Your choice of academic electives- Music History, Composition and Arranging, Music Theory and Aural Skills, Arts Management and more
- 30 Minutes to Transformation guided practice
- Your choice of workshops- Audition and Competition Panel, Wellness for Musicians, World Music and Rhythm Workshop, The Orchestral Harpist, Career Seminar, Practice Like a Pro!, Introduction to Improvisation, Conducting, Yoga and Stretching for Harpists and more
- Ensemble and performance opportunities
- In person participants are provided a harp for use during Institute
- Perfect for student harpists, pre-professionals, and adult harpists
- Fun social activities, and more!
For More Information, visit our website: www. greenspringmusic.org
Looking forward to seeing you at the 2021 Summer Harp Institutes!