1. relaxing between each note, and deep breathing, to prevent buildup of tension
2. creative fingerings for comfort, phrasing, and watching conductors
3. how to mark orchestra parts, i.e. splitting up bars of rests into phrases, getting all pedals set in advance where possible, use of enharmonics, how to edit impossible parts, etc.
4. how to perform special effects and dampenings
5. being meticulous about intonation, rhythm, and listening to the musicians around you – learn how to play in ensembles
6. and all of the above harpists’ great suggestions