harpcolumn

Reply To: Fingertips vs nails in relation to hand technique

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums How To Play Fingertips vs nails in relation to hand technique Reply To: Fingertips vs nails in relation to hand technique

Yeah Loon, that’s how problems most likely occur.

But still I’m curious if the different wrist/hand and thumb/finger positions while playing with nails would affect one’s playing abilities in the long run… for instance, I never heard that Pan American harp players deal with more technique related injury problems than classical harp players. Could this ever be researched and documented?

Don’t ask me why, but somehow it just fascinates me.
Also because sometimes it seems like fingertips and nail players are two worlds apart, also in relation to repertoire…there’s some cultural antropology involved here as well I guess; different music styles and their specific technique developed from different countries and cultures. Still we share the same instrument, known worldwide in different types with a wide range of sounds, which is very nice.

Recent Replies