harpcolumn

Reply To: Lifelong pianist curious about pedal harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums How To Play Lifelong pianist curious about pedal harp Reply To: Lifelong pianist curious about pedal harp

Minor update: I have since learned that not only does my cousin still have my grandfather’s harp, but it was indeed a pedal harp (how they afforded it, I’ll never know, because his playing that harp was all that kept the family fed during the Depression). Also, my aunt prized it and my cousin grew up prizing the harp as well, so the dear thing is still well-loved. 🙂 I’ve asked her to take pictures of it if possible.

Second minor update: I have pretty much resigned myself to slowly saving up, given that the piano/viola are sucking up all of my attention at the moment, and I’ve finally dropped the hammer on a 15″ viola as well. Until some unspecified day in the future, it seems I will have to be content with enjoying harp music as a spectator through YouTube.

Recent Replies