harpcolumn

Reply To: Purchasing at Somerset

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Purchasing at Somerset Reply To: Purchasing at Somerset

brook-boddie
Participant

Hi Kristen,

I recently traded in a Voyageur to VA Harp Center. The harp is about a year old, and, honestly, it’s a very fine harp with a beautiful warm, rich sound. I only traded it in because I am getting a harp that is a little larger. The harp was made from scratch when I custom ordered it. It has Camac levers and is in perfect condition. It’s honestly one of the best lever harps I’ve ever owned. It’s a little out of your price range–$2,895–but, in my opinion, worth every cent. I have no financial gain for recommending this harp to you–it is already the VA Harpcenter’s property–so my comments are purely based on the quality of the instrument and my experience with it. I’ve played Ravenna’s before, and there is no comparison. The Voyageur sounds 10 times better. I know the Ravennas are meant to serve a specific purpose, but the Voyageur is in a whole different class of instruments. I encourage you to check it out if possible. Here’s a link to the posting: https://www.vaharpcenter.com/used-harp/music-makers-voyageur/ Best of luck to you!

Recent Replies